For those who enjoy collecting, there is the thrill of the chase, the acquisition of personal treasures, the sense of being in control, the satisfaction of research, the contentment of relaxation, and the pride of creation of something very personal and very unique.
This book gives the reader the opportunity to get some hands on stamp collecting experience, without investing a lot of money. It tells the novice how to find free stamp sources, how to handle covers, and how to mount and display the collection. It also explains what supplies are needed to get started, and the best places to buy them
Plus four bonus chapters for your enjoyment.
Bonus Stamp Stories:
Famous names to let you know you’re in good company when you start stamp collecting.
A Philatelic Glossary for quick philatelic reference
A Country List:
A list of stamp issuing countries and regions.
A chapter on the Roman (English) Alphabet
Country Identification: An abbreviated Roman (English) alpabet interpreter, to help you order reference guides. — The publisher, Jim Criswell, September 1998
About the Author:
David O. Dyer, Sr. was born in 1937 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He is a graduate of Wake Forest University and attended Southeastern Theological Seminary. He worked in various North Carolina churches as Minister of Music and Education. During this period he wrote several articles published by Southern Baptist periodicals and one book, Upstream: The History of Clemmons Baptist Church, which was published by the church. For a three-year period he and his wife, Ella, owned and operated the Clemmons Book Store. The business was great fun, but not profitable. He then
Mass Market Paperback: 159 pages
Publisher: Truman Publishing Company; 1st edition (September 11, 1998)
Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 7.7 ounces
- COLECCIONANDO TEMÁTICAMENTE: DISFRUTE X COMPETICIÓN por Luiz Paulo Rodrigues Cunha
- Australia-2018: Grande Barreira de Corais
- MATERIALES POSTAL-FILATÉLICOS APROPIADOS A LAS COLECCIONES TEMÁTICAS por Luiz Paulo Rodrigues Cunha
- Uma Família da Pesada: uma infeliz referência a filatelia
- TAMAÑOS DE HOJAS DISTINTOS, MEDALLAS Y PREMIOS IGUALES por Luiz Paulo Rodrigues Cunha
Vejamos alguns colaboradores deste Blog:
– Luiz Paulo Rodrigues Cunha, de saudosa memória, um amigo ímpar e um filatelista temático respeitável, proprietário das coleções: MAN UNDER WATER, Topical Philately e SUN, SEA, SURF AND SAND – THE DISCOVERY OF THE BEACH.
– José Ángel Gándara Rodriguez, um ativo expositor espanhol, profundo conhecedor do regulamento filatélico temático e proprietário da coleção: COLÓN RUMBO A LAS INDIAS.